[pianotech] Aural tuning question

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 22:57:00 PST 2009

Duane,
It is possible to set intervals besides octaves by listening to the beat
rates between notes. Many tuners are now using the so-called contiguous
thirds method to help set notes of the temperament very accurately. See
http://ptg.org/chapters/dallas/Newsltr-Apr2002.html or search Google for
"contiguous thirds site:ptg.org".
Scott Jackson