[pianotech] Hot Hide glue

jim ialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:32:07 PDT 2009

List,

Before I came to piano-land, I used lots of different woodworking glues. Hot
hide glue was not something I had much need for.
However, since working on pianos, I've come to appreciate and enjoy working
with the stuff.

A couple of months ago Jude Revely put me on to a soul out there who seems
to live for hide glue.
He really knows its properties, produces high grade product in many
different consistencies, and has the know-how to steer you towards an
appropriate grade to fit your requirements.

My experience of the stuff previous to using his glue was a rather stringy,
snotty affair;  using glue of ungraded consistency and  who knows what
provenance.

So I tried his #251 grade.  What a pleasure to use. No strings or goobers,
melts quickly and evenly, and achieves the appropriate consistency through
proper grade selection rather than adding or evaporating water.  I thought
some might be interested in his contact info.

Enjoy**

*
*

*Bjorn Industries,  Inc.*