[pianotech] Aurally pure octaves

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 11:42:15 PDT 2009

In a message dated 3/10/2009 1:24:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
formsma at gmail.com writes:

also  need to learn how to set the middle string slightly above that sweet
spot so  that when the other strings are tuned to the middle, the pitch is
correct for  all three strings sounding together. (Pitch does change somewhat when
unisons  are tuned to the middle string.)
John:

I know this has been posited, and claimed, but I have yet to
see/hear/experience any proof of this "phenomenon". Can this be provided?  Thanks.

Paul

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219671244x1201345076/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)