[pianotech] Securing Pianos to the floor

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 12 06:55:38 PDT 2009

Farrell wrote:
> I think you're on the right track Jurgen. I service pianos on Carnival
> and Royal Caribbean ships. The Carnival ships use a square cup
> (picture a square coffee cup) that is a good 4" tall and had a wide
> flange at the base where they run four screws into the floor through
> the flange.

For what it's worth, I helped install an S4 on a yacht, they had cups
made to match the lower leg taper that were bolted to the deck. Very
solid installation. Painted gloss black they were invisible until you
looked closely. I cant imagine doing anything less. Anyone see Superman
where the kid threw the piano across the deck?

--Dave
  New Orleans.