[pianotech] #2 Soundboard Wood

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 21:37:48 PDT 2009

SO Paul, how do you suggest we test the strength of any specific piece of wood?
As to notches....Well, we use only top quality grade A?inspected beavers with good front chompers.
?? On lighter note...?It's good to see?unrealisitic expectations?for wood quality coming (down)into something more reasonable becasue I have a good bunch of wood that I'd love to sell with some surprise & other anomallys. Get yours now why supply lasts.
? Dale

-----

Hey, Dale, I have, but that doesn't address the questions of strength as I asked. Sawing, chiseling and planing don't test the "brittleness" or "stiffness" of the heartwood.

?

And at Beaver Tooth Soundboard Services, do you chew your notches, or nosh your chewies, or eschew your nachos? Hmmm?

?

Paul

?