[pianotech] #2 Soundboard Wood

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 12:55:24 PDT 2009

HI Alan
? I haven't had that confirmed but it would be my guess based on what I hear.
? Dale

Sent: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:16 pm
Subject: Re: [pianotech] #2 Soundboard Wood

Hi Dale,

If memory serves, Steingraeber does crown their ribs.

Alan Eder

I recently played a 7 ft Steingraebber at David Andersen. I don't play well but this thing sucked the music out of my finger tips. It was ethereal & glorious.?If I had money I would have bought the piano quit my job & taken piano lesson. Truly my tonal pocket. Very tight grain panel. 25 per inch. By the way.. I have this reaction to all the Steingraebbers I've played.
? Interestingly, speaking to UDO Steingraebber last year,said they glue there bridge on first in some form of curved caul?to the?board?obviously?subscribing to the theory of the bridge being a long?supporting member(or double crowning)?Then the ribs go on. I don't know if crowned or?flat.

..