[pianotech] high leverage action

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 16:08:30 PDT 2009

Gene
? What type piano is this?This is the reverse situation from what I usually see. SO here are the fixes. reduce the distance the knuckle is from the pin. Meaning insted of where it is, bring it closer to the center pin & or?and the capstans toward the rear of the piano till the blow works with the dip that is present. This sound like a 4.5 or 4.8 action ratio.
? Dale

?
> What are your Hammer Strike weights?
*****10 in the bass and 5 in the treble - no corrective weighting action taken yet.?
?
and key Front Weights ??
*****?
30 in the bass and 6.8 in the treble?
?
Your dip?
> and blow say low ratio but your KR and knuckle distance says high. How > much aftertouch are you getting with things as they are...?
***** about 1.5mm or slightly less.?
?
how far out?
*****Just enough for drop and aftertouch to happen.?
>?
> 41 mm is on the short end of the stick to be sure. I usually dont see > under 44 and never allow for less when redoing an action.?
***** Do you have a reason for maintaining 44mm or greater blow distance??
?
Regards,?
Gene?