[pianotech] capstain/wippen angle, was: key position at rest

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Sun Mar 15 11:17:38 PDT 2009

Lurking on this thread I find it very interesting.
Especially that I am working on similar.
Just curious if someone knowlegable could comment on the heal/capstan interface positions in the photo - is this similar to the involute idea or should the capstan be more centered on the heal??? Heal should be rotated 180 degrees???
In either case, both surfaces are curved. What would be the ideal interface positioning???
In my mind they could be thought of as moving on two different planes similar to the hammer tail/back check. The length of the leverarms determine the plane???
Gene