[pianotech] capstain/wippen angle, was: key position at rest

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 11:24:49 PDT 2009

I see a potential key return problem.  The heal should move forward or the
capstan back depending on the overall geometry of the system.  The angle of
the capstan is similar to that which Jon describes in that it will rotate
from short of 90 degrees to the wippen heal, through a 90 degree position
and slightly past it.  That is the same system that I use-about 3 degrees
angled back.  This is slightly more but not enough to worry about reangling,
at least in my view.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com