[pianotech] Polyester Finishing

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:56:33 PDT 2009

Hi William,

There's no "easy" when it comes to poly work, it just flat out sucks no matter what.

Yes, I would wet sand the entire lid and then buff it. The Konig pastes you have don't work very well with wheels, in my experience. If you have the equivilant of 600 grit scratches, I would wet sand with 1000 followed by 2000.  The 3000 is a major pain to sand with and I don't always use it; depends on the situation.  Then buff away.

Michael  Spreeman
http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com