[pianotech] Do we do Keyboard repairs??

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Wed Mar 18 06:18:00 PDT 2009

Well, I've tuned Fender Rhodes pianos, exactly as outlined in Reblitz.

And I once fixed a pedal problem on the electronic keyboard of a local
music teacher.  But that was a mechanical problem not unlike what you
might encounter on an acoustic piano, and I fixed it with screwdriver,
bushing cloth and glue.

As for ELECRONIC repairs to computerised circuitry in electronic
keyboards,, well, that is a whole other ball game!

I suppose if a piano tuner & technician happens also to be an electronics
engineer, then why shouldn't he or she undertake such repairs? (Though in
general such things are not repaired at component level but a new circuit
board is fitted) If not, then it's outside our knowledge.

Best regards,

David.