[pianotech] Do we do Keyboard repairs??

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Mar 18 06:02:03 PDT 2009

On 3/18/09, Tom Driscoll <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:
> Matthew,
>   My suggestion is to leave them alone--

Amen!

>           I have been getting calls of late for repairing keyboards.
> Several weeks ago I received a call from a retirement home about a
> non-functioning damper pedal, and I just got off the phone with a church
> that has two sticking keys on their keyboard.
>
>           I am just wondering how many of us repair keyboards, and if it's
> worth getting involved with.
>
>           Matthew Todd, Piano Technician

Pas moi.  If the basic instrument needs to be plugged in (pipe organs
excepted), I don't work on it.  My lonely brain cell wants to see
something move before it will deign to attempt tuning or repair. It
has yet to see electrons move.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, CCT
Certified Calibration Technician of
Digitally Activated Mechanical Tone Generation Systems