[pianotech] Tuning in a Down Economy

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Mar 18 09:20:59 PDT 2009

That is a great idea!

I'm thinking that if I were bidding on such a thing, I'd want to that I
might get a call from the donor if I did not win the auction... but then
again, I fully expected a call and email when I filled out a card for a free
Saturn car of my choice. Since they were not calling to tell me I'd won, I
just told them no thank you and they have left me alone -- yes, even in this
economy!

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:39 AM, John Dorr <a440 at bresnan.net> wrote:
<snip>

> Besides the auction winner, I usually scribble down the names of all the
> bidders and call them, too.  I get permission to do this, and donate 10% of
> subsequent PAID tunings after I make the calls to these people (who
> demonstrably WANT their pianos tuned) and book a few more appointments.  If
> I can't be present at the event, I'll ask the contact person to supply me
> the names and phone numbers of the non-winning silent auction bidders,
> reminding them that I'll donate 10% of the business immediately generated by
> those calls.

</snip>