[pianotech] Soundboard Lacquer Finish

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 19:44:06 PDT 2009

In a message dated 3/19/2009 8:58:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bill at a440piano.net writes:

For many  folks, shellac/lacquer is out of vogue too, in favor of
polyurethane.
I've been using a medium mist coat of shellac (Bullseye spray can) on the
top and a heavier coat on the bottom, rubbed out, then a single heavy coat of
lacquer (Mohawk satin spray can), rubbed out, and have been very pleased with
the results over a long span of time, actually since Nick told me that was
what  he did in the old days. :-) I have ever been loathe to overcoat the board.

Paul

**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220029050x1201385914/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B212974460%3B34272906%3Bh)