[pianotech] BUILDING A SHOP (was ideal shop size)

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:20:07 PDT 2009

Thanks, Rob. Great story!
I'm wanting to pay cash for everything. (No debt in this rotten economy that
is getting worse by the month!)  That limits me a lot, but it also ensures I
won't lose the building, right?

I'm thinking something like OSB on the interior walls. (Except for the
upstairs, which would be finished with sheet rock and painted.) The next
folks can put up sheet rock if they want (if I move and sell it). Also,
there's a wall-mounted unit that does heating and cooling that I'm thinking
about using. I'm not wanting central at this point.

I'm definitely going to use engineering services. In fact, I have a good
friend who is both an engineer and an architect. Good advice on knowing when
to hire the work. And also about zoning.

--
JF