[pianotech] Point of contact between capstan and wippen heel

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 07:23:21 PDT 2009

HI Frank
 Excellent work Frank, & thank you! for taking the time & spending your passionate curiousity on this question. How very cool!

  Well I think you have proved something that we were all looking at & that is increasing ratio changes thru the range of motion which was the initial premise, and isn't the wippen & key ever arms changing lengths un-proportionally the key to the puzzle? I read it twice & it still sounds like the angled arrangement is an advantage.
 I'd love a clearer image of the drawing enclosed. Not sure I'm getting all of this yet. I'll keep looking.
 What if most of the range of motion happened 3/4 below the magic line?
  Thanks Dale Erwin