[pianotech] more on nineteen note temperament

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 21:06:12 PDT 2009

I had a similar discussion here with a professor/composer at the
community college.  We quickly realized that re-scaling and changing
the bridge was going to be necessary for a quarter tone piano.

I received a note from the Kawai tech (names slips me) about utilizing
a Kawai synth keyboard that allowed such tinkering and Dr. Gorecki
went with it.

We also talked about tuning two pianos a quarter tone off from each
other and he saw the practical application thereof.  Haven't done it
yet but it may happen.  For the time being the ability to experiment
with this on a synth keyboard has been adequate.

Good luck,
Andrew Anderson