[pianotech] new Faulk lever--compare with Fujan?

Paul Chick tune4u at fmwildblue.com
Wed Mar 25 17:03:16 PDT 2009

I switched from a Schaff head to the Fujan head and eliminated almost all of
the flex in my shop built tuning wrench. It has a 7/16" hex shaft, 11" long.
Paul C

Subject: Re: [pianotech] new Faulk lever--compare with Fujan?

John,
Here's a former engineer's thoughts on flex:  It doesn't matter how
stiff the shaft is, if the connection to the head is flexible.  The
further up the shaft you go, the less important stiffness is.  Both
Fujan and Faulk seem to have very beefy heads, and don't rely on the
traditional pipe thread connection.  I'm thinking that if you stuck
either of their heads on the end of a Schaff octagonal extension lever,
you'd be surprised how stiff it would feel.
Mike