[pianotech] new Faulk lever--compare with Fujan?

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Thu Mar 26 10:14:23 PDT 2009

Mike,

I stuck a Jahn hex shaft, head, and tip on my old Schaff rosewood
extension handle, and I am very happy with the large increase in
stiffness. This single change took at least ten minutes off a typical
tuning, time formerly wasted bending and waggling the old parts and
wondering what effect that was having - finer control simply appeared in
my hand. Also, there was no adjusting to a new handle shape or weight,
and I can always reuse the old parts for oddball fit situations. All
gain, no loss. Flex sucks.

-Mark Schecter