[pianotech] new Faulk lever -- compare with Fujan?

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 19:27:02 PDT 2009

<< I am finding more flex than I like with the new lever.. this is getting expensive!  . . . . .
 Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

bdornfeld at earthlink.net

North Shore Chapter>>

    Exactly.  I've also been thinking of getting a Fujan or Faulk, but I can't just toss around $300 here, $300 there.  There doesn't seem to be much conclusive evidence favoring one brand or the other.  Yes, I know you can return them after 30 days if not satisfied.  But there seems to be too large a gray area in stiffness when it comes to the interface of heads and tips with the handle.  If the large carbon fiber is the stiffest, why it the titanium still made?  If the Schaff head is the stiffest, why bother with the Fujan?  Does it fit the Fujan?  Which lever is the most tolerant of frequent tip/head changes?  I find myself doing that quite often because of "overhangs" on upright plates, exceedingly tall plate struts on grands, having to tune pianos that've been re-pinned with anything from #3 to #7 (yes, #7) pins, etc.  Don't know how to decide.

    --David Nereson,  RPT