[pianotech] CA glue vs. PinTite or Garfield's

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:21:59 PDT 2009

Don,Dryburgh started pitching CA glue approximately (at least?) 10 years
before you heralded its use on pianotech. He'd give classes (at Northeast
Regionals) extolling its virtues in a wide range of repairs (hammer shanks!
veneer! etc etc.) and then throw in "Hey I even used it on totally
torqueless tuning pin on this wretched Junker Upright, and it held!!" Now,
at that point he wasn't recommending CA as a treatment for an entire
pinblock -- there were lots of skeptics in the classroom back then -- but,
as far as I remember, that was the starting point for its usage as a "pin
block treatment."
Patrick Draine