[pianotech] wayward hammer return springs

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:42:03 PDT 2009

I've retrieved objects from that area of the piano that caused springs to
dislodge. However the most probable cause (I hate to say it) is probably a
previous technician who dropped his rubber mute down there and forgot to
hook the springs back up (don't ask me how I know this). It's also easy to
dislodge them while making adjusting wire bends on the dampers. Its good to
always check the springs with every tuning. It helps prevent a call back.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter