[pianotech] Strange Green Powder

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 28 10:22:56 PDT 2009

Some pianos had replaced hammer rail felt with some kind of green foam. I've seen quite a few of them and the foam does crumble and make the kind of green dust you mentioned. Have a look at the spring rail and some of them had also the hammer rail covered with the stuff.

Marcel Carey, RPT

Sherbrooke, QC