[pianotech] string "exercising"

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Mar 28 21:27:55 PDT 2009

Ken?

IMHO strings do not need "exercising."  If anything, the process of
bending/unbending wire will lead to failure sooner than a wire that is left
idle.

If the bass notes are on you may not need to move the pin in the bottom of
the block, but I like to nudge the pin flat/sharp without moving it's
position to check the stability of the note.  This has nothing to do with
"exercising" the wire, however.

William R. Monroe