[pianotech] Ethics and efficacy of part-time tuning

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 08:07:58 PDT 2009

I don't see why not.  Believe me, if I could make a living working 15 - 20
hours a week I'd do it in a NY minute.  Lots of other things to do in this
life.  For many people that's plenty of time for banging your head inside a
piano.  As in any endeavor your goal should be the highest quality service.
While there can be a relationship between time input and skill development
it is not necessarily proportional--at least not after a point.  How much
work time you commit per week is not really relevant, in my opinion.
Anyway, a sparse and uncertain marketplace may preclude a full time
commitment anyway, at least one that earns income.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com