[pianotech] Pee + Bolts

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 11:37:48 PDT 2009

Brian

To get the rods out of the box, remove the bottom, remove the pedals,and hammer the rods out. I would suggest you get new rods. The old ones will be very pitted,and won't look good.

I doubt if just those three stripped plate screws are causing the instability. But there might be others under the strings that might also be stripped, in which case this is a warrantee issue. If it's just those screws, you'll need to get the screws out first, then plug up the hole, and redrill.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943