[pianotech] stuck keys after one hour of playing

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 15:01:22 PDT 2009

Howdy,

I just got a call from a fellow who has an almost 10 year old Wurlitzer grand (I think it was made by Young Chang--correct me if I'm wrong.).  He said he's been having some trouble with keys starting to stick <after> he's been playing for a while--like an hour--and then they just won't go.  We've made an appointment for me to come out and have a look.  I will check the action centers & keys for friction levels, of course, but this seems sort of unusual--well, I've never been witness to such behaviour, anyway.  Has anyone else experienced such symptoms?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT

near Peoria, IL