[pianotech] stuck keys after one hour of playing

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 17:46:40 PDT 2009

Barbara sez:
<< He said he's been having some trouble with keys starting to stick <after>
he's been playing for a while--like an hour--and then they just won't go.
We've made an appointment for me to come out and have a look.  I will check the
action centers & keys for friction levels, of course, but this seems sort of
unusual--well, I've never been witness to such behaviour, anyway.  Has anyone
else experienced such symptoms?  >>

    Yes.  I feel like something is galling on the center pin, either at the
jack or hammershank.  Sometimes, if you take the part off and attempt to
forcibly work it back and forth to loosen, the opposite result happens and they lock
totally up.  I don't know why, but I have had Yamahas, Samicks, and lots of
Renner parts do this.  I repin.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)</HTML>