[pianotech] on call tuning rates

Allan allan at sutton.net
Tue May 5 19:18:09 PDT 2009

Andrew,

I have recently done a 3 day recording session for a world-class trio.  When
I was first approached, they suggested that I tune in the morning and they
can call me anytime if they need me. I insisted that I should come at 9 am
tune the piano before they arrive and stay on site or really close, totally
available, until 4pm. I stated my price (in the order of what Marcel
stated). They found it was much expensive but agreed to that price if I stay
until 6pm. It was close to home.

The pianist had a few requests that I could immediately fulfill. They were
very happy. That part of insecurity I had totally relieved them of. They had
some page turn challenges that I was glad to help ease as well.

I don't know how this experience relates. 10 days of rehearsal? Maybe not so
critical for them. Charge what would make you happy to get being there
reading, writing, studying.

The tuner currently known as Allan Sutton

www.pianotechniquemontreal.com

  _____