[pianotech] Upright Tilter

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Fri May 15 07:18:57 MDT 2009

Mine also folds up but, I also use two people.  One in the front and one in
back.  We interchange our services with one another as friend technicians
for nothing when we do this.

As I set the piano up, I grab hold of one of the back posts while he pulls
the top and pushes the bottom HARD with his foot forcing the piano down.
The 2nd the back wheels "engage" we start a quick, swift lift, push movement
to complete the set up.  This way, it can't get away from either of us and
if it were, it still isn't going anywhere as I have that back post in my
hand like a vise grip.  I do like the idea of securing it down however as a
better one, as I hadn't thought of that one before.

This list is great for ideas like this and then some.

Please everyone, just call me either "Jerry or Jer."  Gerald is way to
formal for me!  :-)))

Jerry Groot RPT.