[pianotech] Upright Tilter

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri May 15 07:35:09 MDT 2009

On 5/15/09, Gerald Groot <tunerboy3 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Mine also folds up but, I also use two people.  One in the front and one in
> back.  We interchange our services with one another as friend technicians
> for nothing when we do this.

I don't know if I've ever had help tilting, but one thing (intuitive?)
that I always do, when lowering, is to orient the rear casters so that
they are up. This way they contact the floor later and the piano is
closer to vertical.

BTW, I also always turn them up when taking grands off skids so that
they don't suddenly pivot and cause all kinds of excitement.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,