[pianotech] Microsoft Access info

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Tue May 19 09:24:02 MDT 2009

I've used MS office suite since they first put it together. Good suite. Little chance of MS going out of busineess unless Congerss can find a profit (read tax advantage) in taking them over (just joking gang)

Access is a good platform and workable although, like S&S their top dog status is always being bashed about by everyone.

If you want to go into the world of open source programs, in which I am involved, I HIGHLY recommend Open Office.  It essentially is the MS office suite taken to the next level but in open source programming.  One feature that i like is the way to convert the files into PDF files with ease. There are many many other cool features and way too similar in look adn functionality to MS office without the worries of being virus hacked.

Another BIG advantage is Open Office is FREE! They just released ver 3.1  To check it out goto  www.openoffice.org  you won't be dissapointed.

Gerry Cousins

WCUPA

Will,

I have been using Access since 1996.  I can't
tell you how many people have tried to get me to use designer databases and none
of them is as versatile or stable as access.

Like you, I think Access will be around for a long
time, or what ever Microsoft replaces it with will work with there
platforms.  I just got two computers for my wife and myself from Dell and
that is pretty middle of the road, but it works every day with no
excuses.

William