[pianotech] the thread regarding number of tunings

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sun Nov 1 20:48:13 MST 2009

Kerry wrote:

> Marshall,
>
> You’ve had some good advice, and I’d like to elaborate on it a little.
> I remember the first piano I tuned completely took me over four hours.
> Now it takes me about an hour, and the way I remember improving my
> speed was to divide up the amount of time I had to spend into
> sections: temperament, octaves and unisons (ETD tuners can modify this
> as desired ;-) The point is to break the time up into manageable
> chunks, which makes it much easier to stay on schedule. When I was
> doing a lot of concert work, classical and other, this technique
> helped me meet time constraints more than anything else. If you know
> you only have 10 minutes for the temperament, you can avoid
> nit-picking and you’ll end up with enough time to do the unisons
> right, which I consider the most important and obvious part of most
> tunings. Plan your tuning and tune to your plan. Good luck and keep at
> it – it takes time to build up a good tuning business.
>

> Kerry Kean
>
> www.ohiopianotuner.com <http://www.ohiopianotuner.com/>

My actual tuning time is getting faster BUT ....

When is anyone going to comment of mute moving, technique, etc.

And if it makes any difference, I tune with Cybertuner.

Thanks to anyone that chimes in,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years