[pianotech] Upright Piano Dolly

Jim Henson a1propianos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:51:21 MST 2009

If using a tilter be sure to exercise a lot of caution when tipping it back
up. I have learned to strap the piano to the tilter so they tilt up as one
unit. Also decide if U want the dollie to protrude more out of the front,
back, or to be centered equally. I've found it depends on the depth of your
piano. I have used them on the shorted Wurlitzer studios that were built
like tanks made in the late 60's, early 70's & they were perfect. No
experience w/ larger uprt's.One other thing I did. I did feel secure w/ the
diameter of bolt hole s they pre-drilled, so I drilled larger & went w/ a
larger dia. bolt, I used large thick washers to give e a larger area of
contact to help ensure that a smaller washer/bolt combination wouldn't work
thru the bottom board.