[pianotech] Carry On

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Thu Nov 5 18:18:15 MST 2009

I think you can get through with it in your carry-on, because
generally one of the "Thousands Standing Around" (or Taking Scissors
Away) reps don't catch everything.

If you are unfortunate to catch the one person that follows the rules,
he will measure the tool and if it's longer than 7" (the NEW standard)
you'll have to get out of line, go back to the counter, and check it.

As some airlines charge you $25 to $50 just to check a bag, mailing it
still might be cheaper.  Although, FedEx or UPS may charge you $15-
$25, you can ship it Priority Mail if it's less than 1 pound for less
than $5 anywhere in the US within 3 days.

Rob McCall
McCall Piano Service, LLC
Murrieta, CA

rob at mccallpiano.com