[pianotech] repinning damper flanges

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 6 06:29:41 MST 2009

Hello David, I hope the article was of help to you.  Don Mannino has written
excellent articles about repinning; you might want to check them out.  When
I repin tricky flanges, I use a pilot pin.  Using one of the smallest
diameter center pins, it can more easily be installed temporarily.
Immediately follow with the proper size center pin and it's in.  The small
pilot pin will align the parts with much less likelihood of damage.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

bdornfeld at earthlink.net

North Shore Chapter