[pianotech] Trivia

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 18:04:12 MST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Jim Moy <jim at moypiano.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:02 AM,  <ljinno at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Do you think that the culprit who repinned this piano was concerned with
> > the number of coils around the pins?
>
> How might repinning cause such random angles?  Seems like if you
> drilled out existing holes you'd probably still get them in pretty
> straight.  Same if you just removed them and put in bigger pins
> without drilling.  Seems like such bending would come from over
> enthusiastic flagpoling.
>
> Jim

 I dunno,  I've seen some Kimballs and other "fine" entry level grands that
look almost this bad right off the showroom floor!
If someone just repinned them using the same holes with oversize pins, I'd
guess you would end up with something that looked like the pic.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404