[pianotech] Foredom mini belt sander for hammer filing -sandingbelts

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Nov 7 20:17:50 MST 2009

I purchased one of the mini-sanders from Raye McCall years ago, after watching Ruth reshape the hammers on an upright action, filled with happiness and excitement at how much easier it was!

When I could no longer find belts, I bought a drum sander belt and sliced it into several belts for the mini belt sander.  I don't remember any more what size it was, but I do remember being in the hardware store with one of the original belts and comparing the diameters.

Diane Hofstetter