[pianotech] Shipping piano overseas with ivory keys

pianotec at ihug.co.nz pianotec at ihug.co.nz
Sun Nov 8 18:43:52 MST 2009

Sorry to pick-up late on this one. I had a Chickering Ampico grand
shipped from Solvang in California to Wellington New Zealand about 2 1/2
years ago. I can't remember who the shipping company was - it was all
organised by the dealer. Anyway, there was no mention of, and no issue with
the ivories (thankfully!); in fact, the crate didn't even look as if it had
been opened by the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries (MAF). They would
have had to have gone to a lot of effort of unwrapping this grand just to
look at the keytops! Stephen Powell, RPT, ARPT Wellington, NZ