[pianotech] Verdigris - again

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 9 03:27:34 MST 2009

Re: [pianotech] Verdigris - againDitto to that. Replace and move on. It's a tough nut for many households to swallow but it has proven itself time and time again,that replacing the parts is the most reasonable and cost effective way to correct this problem once and for all.
I can't tell you how many partial action rebuilds I've come across when much attention has been made to cleaning and repining the flanges, or replacing the flanges, knuckles, and shanks....only to have the same issue present itself all over again. Now the customer has to spend even more money to correct the same problem they thought they were correcting last year.
Replace the parts and be done with this ugly problem.
Tom Servinsky