[pianotech] Complete piano service, was Workload

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Nov 12 15:52:50 MST 2009

Our wonderful Jack Wyatt dropped this pearl of wisdom on us in Grand
Rapids when it comes to selling additional work.  The first thing you
should say are these magic seven words:

"Do you plan to keep this piano?"

Boy, does that get the customer's attention!  It's the kind of thing
you hear from car mechanics and so on, where trading in is much more
common.

Then you can go on to explain how cleaning prevents wear and
corrosion, and lubrication makes everything work better.  Anything
mechanical needs regular cleaning, lubrication, and adjustment.

Don't miss any of Jack's business classes!

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM
www.shusterpiano.com