[pianotech] bass strings

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:17:56 MST 2009

Hi Dave,

Could I take the right string that's good off and send it to mapes and have them make   two strings?  Also you mention measurements. Could I use the dial gauge to measure the core, size and wrapping size?  I also measure from the hitch pin to where the wrapping  begins on the swedged portion? and from the hitch pin to the very top of the string whre the wrapping begins?  I want to make sure I have these correct.  Visually I have trouble with measuring, so how much wiggle room do I have?  thanks

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com