[pianotech] Schaff Key Recovering

Kerry kerrykean at att.net
Sat Nov 14 07:19:26 MST 2009

Schaff used to use Rochester Key Company in New York (they just tacked on a
percentage to Rochesters' price). RKC was, IMO, one of the better deals
around if you used them directly. They did a nice job for a reasonable
price, not what I'd put on a high-end grand but good value for the average
piano, improvable by a little judicious finishing on the edges.

Then a few years ago, Bob Byrnes, the founder, retired and the company
seemed to fall apart. They're still in business so I assume they've
recovered ;-) since then. I'd be interested in hearing whether anyone has
current experience with them.

Kerry Kean
www.ohiopianotuner.com