[pianotech] Kimball Player Piano

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sat Nov 14 14:41:14 MST 2009

In most cases you have to gain access, which may require removal, or tilting
some of the upper action.
One very important thing to remember, is have them demonstrate, that it is
operational before you touch it.
Some people say, and believe that it worked before you touched it.
If the tubing is brittle, unless you have some to replace it with, don't try
and remove it.
Then again, you could just refer it to a player piano technician.
If it is something you might want to get into, get Arthur Reblitz book on
it. This will give you an idea of what is involved.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia