[pianotech] Tuning arm problems

Kathy Harrod katunes1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 16 05:27:14 MST 2009

Hi Julia,

One more suggestion to add to the list.  I have had lots of arm problems, and do many of the physical things other people have suggested here.  What has really saved me is a fabulous chiropractor, and I know a tuner who swears by his acupuncturist. I highly recommend this path, rather than the medical path.

Also, believe it or  not, diet and exercise are very important. A brisk 30-min. walk every day keeps your blood flowing and parts in motion, and helps prevent your joints from getting "clogged up."  Also, try to avoid sugar in your diet, and for cooking, salad, etc, use only extra virgin olive oil....not vegetable oil, or others, as these also "clog" the joints.

At all cost I would try to avoid going the route of cortisone injections, as this seems to be a journey of no return and no genuine help.

And, as you may have found out, rest is also a great healer.

Good luck,
Kathy Harrod