[pianotech] regulating S&S (ex-) reproducer actions

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 05:12:41 MST 2009

The back check leather has probably lost it's resiliency. Either recover
with Ecsaine or replace them altogether.

I had an old Bluthner which had the same checking problem. The
suede was a bit stiff and I replaced it with Ecsaine. I was very surprised
with the outcome, the action took on an almost luxurious feel. The checking
problem disappeared. A softer check-in removed the impact of the check
which is felt in the finger and it improved the tone - double surprise.

Be careful with a deep dip, jack can start to break on those old wippens.
Make sure the jack is not bound between the stop felt and let off button.
--

Regards,

Jon Page