[pianotech] Yamaha G1 - Loose under lever lead

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Nov 21 00:03:54 MST 2009

List,
 I'm a little late to this thread but several years ago I fashioned a tool for swedgeing loose damper leads from an
11".  45 degree needle nose pliers such as at this web site.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/kti51211.html

I put the thing in a vice and gave the tips a few judicious wacks then dressed the tips a bit . I think the fact that this is an inexpensive tool worked to my advantage as it was pretty malleable and the 45 degree angle gives good access to the levers.  I make three or four dimples around the edge of the lead and it does the job. I've a few of these for some fellow techs with positive reports back. Under ten bucks and no need to C.A.
Tom Driscoll