[pianotech] Steinway customer service

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sun Nov 22 11:00:08 MST 2009

list
I've posted in the past about a service that Steinway in NY offered where from serial # they would tell you model, finish , date of manufacture (to the day) and where the piano was first sold.
 This has been interesting to my clients and helpful in determining model in the old uprights with no letter designation on the piano. Also we discovered a particular piano was Rosewood under an aftermarket ebony finish and one client even used the info to complete a family geneology.
 Well ,I called on friday with a request and was informed that unless affiliated with a Steinway dealer the charge for this information is now $25.00.
It's their call but I'll miss the service.

Tom Driscoll