[pianotech] Lyre Damage

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:36:18 MST 2009

I always use a lyre brace since a brand new chinese one broke its lyre
when I was tipping.  No problems since.

You can by one from QRS or you can make your own.

	length of steel electrical conduit
	length of all-thread that just fits inside
	a matching nut and washer
	a length of 2x2
	self adhesive felt lamp bottom covers
	some type of flexible adhesive like PL400

cut the 2x2 into two reasonable lengths and drill one corner to accept
conduit/all-thread and adhesive
apply the self adhesive felt to the business sides of the 2x2s and you
have an adjustable brace.

Andrew Anderson