[pianotech] Lyre Damage

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:01:46 MST 2009

Picture, please?

Dave Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA

From: Andrew Anderson
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 18:36
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Lyre Damage

I always use a lyre brace since a brand new chinese one broke its lyre when I was tipping.  No problems since.

You can by one from QRS or you can make your own.

length of steel electrical conduit
length of all-thread that just fits inside
a matching nut and washer
a length of 2x2
self adhesive felt lamp bottom covers
some type of flexible adhesive like PL400

cut the 2x2 into two reasonable lengths and drill one corner to accept conduit/all-thread and adhesive
apply the self adhesive felt to the business sides of the 2x2s and you have an adjustable brace.

Andrew Anderson